UofG Repository

Assessment of Cytokeratin 20 Expression among Colorectal Carcinoma Patients, National Cancer Center, Khartoum State, Sudan (2017)

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.author Malik, Mojahed Alrsheed Alamein
dc.date.accessioned 2018-07-12T09:04:31Z
dc.date.available 2018-07-12T09:04:31Z
dc.date.issued 2017-11
dc.identifier.uri http://repo.uofg.edu.sd/handle/123456789/688
dc.description A Dissertation Submitted to University of Gezira in a Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Award of Master of Science in Histopathology and Cytology Department of Histopathology and Cytology Faculty of Medical Laboratory Sciences , November,2017 en_US
dc.description.abstract Colorectal cancer covers cancers in both the colon and the rectum. Genetic analysis shows that colon and rectal tumors are essentially genetically the same cancer. It is the second most common type of cancer in women and the third most common in men with it being the fourth most common type of cancer death after lung, stomach, and liver cancer. This laboratory based retrospective cross sectional study was conducted in Khartoum state from August to November 2017.This study aimed to evaluate the expression of cytokeratin20 (CK20) in colorectal carcinoma patients using immunohistochemistry. Thirty paraffin block samples were collected from patients previously diagnosed as colorectal carcinoma by using simple random collection method. The samples were cut by rotary microtome, and then stained by immunohistochemical method for detection of CK20. Out of thirty patients the study showed that the majority of patients were males representing 21(70%) and 9 patients (30%) were females .The age of study population ranged between 27 and 90 years with mean age of 54 years. The study revealed that the most patients were older than 50 years representing 18(60%) and the remaining 12(40%) were younger than 50 years.. The 30 samples were positive for CK20 in all colorectal carcinoma tissue and the majority of expression is strong. this study recomended that another similar study with large sample size and additional parameters should be carried out. en_US
dc.description.sponsorship Abdalraheem Ali Babiker Main Supervisor Albadawi Abdelbagi Talha Co-supervisor en_US
dc.language.iso en en_US
dc.publisher University of Gezira en_US
dc.subject Colorectal cancer covers cancers en_US
dc.subject cancers en_US
dc.subject cytokeratin20 en_US
dc.title Assessment of Cytokeratin 20 Expression among Colorectal Carcinoma Patients, National Cancer Center, Khartoum State, Sudan (2017) en_US
dc.type Thesis en_US


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record

Search Repository


Browse

My Account